“Playing With Dolls & Talking to Ourselves”
Ventriloquism is a wonderful performance art that almost anyone can learn. This interactive and fun workshop introduces participants to basic ventriloquial skills and techniques using lecture-demonstration by Dotti Seitz, an award-winning professional ventriloquist, along with plenty of participant practice with each skill introduced.
Sessions may be one or two hours (or more) in length depending upon the venue and the participants’ goals.
Topics covered include some or all of the following:
- What’s a “Vent”
- Choosing a Vent Partner
- Figure (puppet) Manipulation
- Lip Sync
- Mastering Your Lip and Jaw Control
- Finding Your Character’s Voice and Personality
- Discovering and Developing Your Own Stage Personality
- Developing a Character Profile
Participants should be at least 10 years of age and must bring their own puppets to the workshop.